With so much food available, which foods will assist me to manage my pain? A few foods contain anti-inflammatory properties which may assist to reduce your inflammation and pain. Also, while you are eating these foods, you will not be eating other high sugar foods which may feed inflammation.
Foods which have anti-inflammatory properties include:
- Flax and chia seeds contain many nutrients which assist in treating joint pain and inflammation as well as rheumatism
- Omega 3 rich foods contain polyunsaturated fatty acids which assist the growth and function of the body – these foods include cold-water fish such as salmon, mackerel, sardines, herring, cod, tuna and trout
- Vibrant fruits and vegetables which contain loads of colour have loads of nutrients – these vegetables include kale, spinach, broccoli and avocado
- Nuts have great anti-inflammatory properties but are high in fat – Ensure you limit your nut intake to a small serve of walnuts, almonds, pecans or brazil nuts
- Cocoa is packed with antioxidants that reduce inflammation – the best chocolate to have is dark chocolate that contains at least 70% cocoa