As Athletes have pushed their bodies to the extreme, they need to have customised pain management strategies that suit their injuries and assist their recovery to get back to their sport.
These pain management strategies include:
- Education regarding the current understanding of pain – The source and cause of the pain needs to be fully understood to develop pain management strategies that work.
- Modalities and massage – Different massage techniques are available to assist with pain management in different areas. These modalities include Remedial Massage, Sports Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Relaxation Therapy, Hot Stone Therapy, Reflexology, Shiatsu Therapy, Cupping Therapy and many others.
- Movement, strength and conditioning – A series of movements designed to strengthen your body and ensure you get the best results for your training. Professional athletes use these techniques to build muscle and body strength. Personal trainers and Physiotherapists can guide you with developing an exercise program to suit your pain management needs.
- Sleep and nutrition – Sleep helps your body to heal and while you are sleeping, muscle and tissues will repair which will reduce pain. Good nutrition is required for the body to repair itself. Certain foods may assist with pain management by reducing inflammation and these foods include Tumeric, Fish oil, tomatoes, nuts, green leafy vegetables and berries including blue berries, cherries and strawberries.
- Surgery – Obviously this is the last call, but many people have endured surgery and still have pain management issues.
- Psychosocial interventions – Psychological factors can be targeted to improve your state of mind and assist you to improve your pain management. The BeatPain App will assist your mental well-being and ability to improve your pain management. Find out more about the BeatPain App today at the App Store or Google Play.