Pain affects us in our everyday lives and there are some very simple strategies to beat pain. These strategies include:
- Soft Tissue Therapy – Tissues that hold the joints and bones together can become inflamed and cause pain. Through specialised massage techniques, motion can be improved in joints and this can reduce inflammation and the associated pain. This technique requires a skilled Physiotherapist with much experience in this area.
- Therapeutic Exercise – An exercise plan developed by a physiotherapist that includes exercises that assist with your balance and coordination, muscles, range of motion, posture and breathing. These exercises are given to you by a physiotherapist that tailors a program to suit your needs.
- Maintain ideal posture by sitting and standing in the ideal position that supports your spine and does not cause pressure on your joints. A lumbar roll placed strategically on your car seat and office chair can assist you to maintain the correct posture.
- Cold packs can be placed on areas that are inflamed to reduce the inflammation of those areas. It is advised to only use the cold pack for a maximum of 10 minutes. However, this will only work when there is inflammation.
- Download the Beatpain app from the App Store to get credible information from an Experienced Occupational Therapist whom has developed Pain Management Plans for hundreds of individuals. These strategies have been proven to work and they are available to you for only AUS $7.00.